Said when you think that it is better for someone or something to be late than never toarrive or to happen. The delayed occurrence or achievement of something that one desires is better than it not happening at all.
“Geç olması hiç olmamasından iyidir” veya “hiç olmamaktansa varsın geç olsun” diye tercüme edebileceğimiz bir deyimdir. Geç olsun güç olmasın bu deyime yakın bir anlam taşımakla beraber tam karşılığını vermemektedir.
- “Dan finally paid me the money he owed me.” “Well, better late than never.”
- After two weeks, Ifinally got a return phone call from that company. Better late than never, I guess.
- I didn’t fall in love until I was 50, but better late than never!
- I should’ve started the project years ago, I said to myself, but maybe it is better late than never.
- It’s been a long time coming but better late than never.
- Dear Tom, – I’m sorry I have not written for such a long time, but better late than never